• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good fishing line?

jt24

I was wondering if anyone had some info on what type of line is good for making your own walleye leaders? I would prefer something that really has no memory and is hard for walleyes to see but dependable. Thanks

I will Second that!! Vanish works great. Personally I have never wet a knot or done any of the things they say to do. I have not had a problem yet.ScottS

well let me see if i can add some confoosion here.
as with any knot in fishing line you need to make sure the line is wet before cinching it tight.
as for line...
last year i started fishing with ultra lights. wanted a limp/strong line. we started with trilene XL. well it let us down 1 too many times. so we went into cabelas looking and asking and finding.
we were directed towards Damyl Tectan premium line. it did the trick for us on our ultra lights so we spooled everything with it.
small diameter strong and rated similar to the spiderwire and firewire. where a small diameter line has the strength of heavier line.
have not looked back since.
just my choice.
Monty