• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flasher and Fish Question

I was telling Kyle yesterday that wished I had a LX-5 so I could see the fish better with better serperation and here is why. I can almost tell the mood of the fish by the colors on my VX-1 and how they flash and here's how. A negative or neutral fish usually shows up in it's typical solid mark but I've noticed that I can tell if that fish is changing mood by how the red flashes really aggressive, I'm not sure if it's picking up the fins or gills flaring or the air blatter changing or maybe something else is happening. Just something I've noticed the last couple of years and was wondering if anyone else has picked up on that with flashers that have better seperation.

Lee - I knew exactly what you meant when I made the switch, I even saw the difference with my old Colorpoint in regards to bottom huggers. I remember the first time I ran my LX-3 crappie fishing, it was too easy picking the larger fish out in a school also, you knew instantly if the fish belows mood was hanging or banging. Lee if you get the LX-5 in thick weeds and hit that NBT you'll soil yourself. Todd found a section of suspended stump on earlyville yesterday 5' off the bottom and it was fishy. Kinda cool to see that mark sitting their in 22' of water. I want to be there the first time you use that LX-5 in a weed situation, I know you will be impressed.

Lee, I know where you are coming from I agree with you on the finns and there breathing.When they are coming through the weeds I think the force of there finns and there breathing also affect the weed movement(current) the more the weeds move is deffantly is a sign of a more aggresive fish.One thing nice about the five as Tim said NBT elliminates more of that strong weed signal which makes you see more of the aggresiveness(mood) of the fish.You will see a differance wink.