• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scent

I was just wondering if anyone uses scent for bass or pike around here? I was thinking of ordering some of that Yum from Bass Pro shops but didn't know what flavor to get. Garlic or that shad? Anyone have any luck or bad luck with scents? Any good brands??? thanks for any advice

I prefer not to mess around with scents on my lures. Although, I often use pork trailers for bass. Most of the scents I've seen or used, tend to come off after only a few casts. So, I've never really noticed an advantage to using them on my lures. I think that scent plays a key roll while bass fishing, but a lot of the lures I use already have scent impregnated in them.

One circumstance were I would use scents is for my hands. I you're a person who smokes or chews, I'd recommend having some to help cover up the odors from the smoke or chew that gets on your hands. This can help prevent those bad scents form transferring onto your lure . Scents can also help out if you have to mess around with your motor.