• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring turkey results

Congrats river-newbie. My dad did a little scouting for me this morning and had a jake and smallish tom gobblin their fool heads off. Think I'll hit a different farm on Wed for my opener. Landowner there had been seeing lots of birds several weeks ago, not sure about now. Guess I'll find out. Gonna double check the 870 tonight after work.

WOW, good job Cooter, you've had a good week!

My season starts Wed. also. Getting pretty excited about that. Got some serious making up to do after my MN hunt. blush

There were a lot of birds again this year where we hunted - plus we've been there long enough to know the basic patterns so we should be able to consistently kill birds. However we certainly didn't kill any of the bigger 3 year old birds that were in the area. Not complaining, its tough to be picky when you have 3 tags to fill in 4 days.

Can't believe how thick and green the woods are already - its easily 2 weeks ahead of the norm.

Good luck with the sconnie tag.

My dad was out this morning - heard a few and had a tough time pinpointing them with the wind. Don't think he ever laid eyes on one, not even a hen. He's heading back out bright and early tomorrow - Fri doesn't look like very nice hunting weather so he's hoping to seal the deal in the morning.

Just got back from my WS hunt. Saw plenty of hens, lots of nice toms and very few jakes. Not sure what to think of that. My buddy took a 25 pounder first morning. Got mine just this morning. 22 lbs.