• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring turkey results

I'll be heading out April 28th thru May 4th. Sure hope the walleyes are done running by then. :P

Dickie - If you log into the WI DNR online licensing center, then select Licenses and Permits, click on Bear, it will tell you if you have received a permit or simply a preference point. You will be sent a notification by March 10th. Hope this helps you. Good Luck too, I'm still playing the waiting game.

Dickie

There should be plenty of left over tags asvalible in march sometime if you dont get permit. If you apply for all seasons in WI its impossible not to get one. The only way you wont is if you only apply for one or two choices.

Link for permits still avaliable after the drawing, and dates they go on sale.

76602 of them avalible.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/springturkey/

I saw a group of 10 toms together in a field the yesterday. it was absolutely hilarious, a couple were fanned out, a couple were laying in the dirt, and a couple were just chasing each other around. sort of a "guys" weekend before they start chasing the hens in the coming weeks. can't wait for the season to start!

A good friend's youngest son got his 1st on Saturday during the youth hunt. Last year his daughter took her first from the same spot, year before his oldest son got his first from the same spot. Pretty cool.

Just under 3 weeks for my shot at it.

Fall Creek the creek or Fall Creek the city? My bud just got done youth hunting north of Fall Creek on K - they were into birds bigtime but never sealed the deal. We might end up out there 3rd season.

sorry for not seeing this sooner. By Fall Creek I mean the city right off 53 about a mile north and to the west of the highway. The two of them have been out there all week. My season starts tomorrow and it don't look good for me. I only have public land to hunt and so far have not been able to locate any birds . So i will go out in the morning and see if I can get some to respond before they get down, all I can think about doing. Oh yea zone 4.

Bagged my first bird on the second day of 1st season at 7:00am. Zone 1 near Boscobel, Wi. Had a 10" beard and weighed 23 lbs. Very exciting! Got to see it strut and gobble for 300 yds!! Seemed like it took him all day to get to me. My dad bagged his 1st bird exactly 12 hours later in the gusty winds and rain! Not bad for 2 first timers. Thanks to my uncle.