• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which side of the water?

Grabs

because the majority of the population is right handed, therefore you can hold you're rod in youre right hand while you're trolling.
(what a smart *** I am) grin.gif

Its just to confuse you Grabs smile.gif
A few years back Sea Nymph made side consoles with the wheel on the port side.It only lasted a year or two.

What?!?!

I don't drive my boat from the right side. All the good fisherman fish in the back of the boat in the center or towards the left side with the tiller grasped firmly in their left hand. It's all about control grin.gif

The wheel on a boat was put starboard to offset the thrust of the motor's propeller. The motor prop lifts the right side of the boat.

Of course, this is no longer a significant factor -- we now have center console, and even counter-rotating dual propellers on I/Os.

In sociology they would call it cultural ossification -- like buttons on sleeves of suit coats.