• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shore Fishing

Rebels75

I have a free weekend coming up the middle of March and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere along the Mississippi River that I could still catch some walleye. I will be shore bound but still interested in fishing or maybe even hooking up with a big catfish possibly. I live just west of the Twin Cities and would be interested in a trip within 2-3 hours.

------------------

The Westgate or Watergate marina in St. Paul often produces some nice walleye at dusk and during the evening. But technically you need to be a member of the marina to stand on their docks and fish. What you can do is walk down the dirt road on the northside of the marina and fish using lighted slip bobbers.

The delta of the Minnehaha and Mississippi also can produce some very nice fish. I believe it’s about 46th and Hiawatha, find the stairs that go along the west shore and follow them down to the river. Heavy lindy rigs work well there.

Watergate Marina is on Pool 2. That's catch and release all year long. It looks like the Marina is currently under some kind of a construction project and it doesn't look accessable right now. They don't even have the docks in. I heard that there is a barrier of some kind in the river across the whole front of the marina. I suppose to keep construction mud & debris from reaching the river. Vern