• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electronics in the boat

Capt'nJosh

I am in serious need of some electronics for my boat. I currently have the crappy graph that came with the boat. Looking to move that to the bow and put a good unit on the console, without breaking the bank. What do you use? What would you recommend? What should I stay away from?

Capt'n

I have been happy with Lowrance graphs. I own two, one is the X48 and the other is the X75 (and I will be installing my infamous Vexilar in the boat this spring too). It looks like Lowrance updated all their electronics and redesigned all their models. Reeds in Walker was trying to sell the X85 w/speed and temp. for around $300, but that is my faulty memory, so I could be wrong. Check their HSOforum or get a catalog. The X85 used to sell for $450 or so a couple years ago.

Hey Josh
I have a Garmin and like it.I am getting another one.They are inexpensive(240 for $300)and have plenty of power.It works 10 times better than my Eagle ultra.I thought about getting the new Lowrance X91 but the specs were about the same and the Garmin was about $150 less.Just like CD said I am putting the Vex on the boat this year too.
I did see an X85 at Gander Mountain for 300 bucks clearance also.