• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Down the drain

Uncle Bill

Thanks for the tip D-Man, but that would require hauling around a 12 volt bat.
and pump.

P.S. I am a machinist. I have worked in R&D for over 20 yrs. I have a few ideas and will fabricate something on my own if I can't find what i'm looking for. (and I'm still looking)
Thanks again.

Bill,
If you're a machinist, you should have no problem cutting a hole(preferably with a plasma cutter) and welding a small piece of pipe in it with an aluminum wire-feed welder. Then just buy a plug and put it in. If you don't have the capabilities to do it yourself, just take it to any welding shop and they should do something like that fairly inexpensively. Good luck.

Mark

[This message has been edited by mwchiefs (edited 02-16-2002).]

Yup, pretty much what I thought.
Thanks guys.
Justa tip for ya, if ya ever decide to weld on an alum. boat. Make sure to surround the the area to be welded with copper heatsinks. The manufacturing of the boat can cause stress in the material and the heat from welding will "stress relieve" the material causing it to warp. For that reason alone I may end up attaching the "part" using an "O" ring, some type of sealer and either screws or rivets. Thanks again.

For a cheap and easy drain plug why not just cut a hole at the bottom of the transom and put in a livewell drain fitting or thru hull bilge fitting(the plastic kind)They sell different sizes and you can get plugs for most.I rebuilt an old aluminum boat and used these for the splashwell drains.Just cut half of the lip or flange off so it sits closer to the bottom of the hull.