• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IFPA Tournaments coming soon!

Tim

Thank You for posting these fliers for anyone interested in these type of competitive ice fishing tournaments here in the North East.

For any one that maybe fishing or thinking of fishing the IFPA qualifier on Silver Lake this Saturday Feb. 6th, It will be a WALKING event only. No Snomobiles or ATV's will be allowed.

Now for some good news! There are some great bonus prizes that will be given away for the Silver lake event! A huge Thank You goes out to John "sportsmensdirect" Bacarrella and Clam Corp. for their generous donations.

The 4th place finisher at Silver will win : A Hopper Vision Complete Color Camera System with Battery Sling and a Hopp'n Pole. value appox. $500

The 6th place finisher will win: A CLAM Thermal Base Camp Shelter. Super easy setup and take down, comfortably fishes 2-3 anglers. value approx. $250

The 8th place finisher will win: A pair of CLAM True Blue Combos. These are sweet rod & reel combos designed for panfish. value appox. $80.00

The 10th place finisher will win: A Hopp'n Bucket Rig (HBR) Complete System. This is the system that you have seen the top Pro's using. Add your flasher and a battery and you have the ultimate run-n-gun tournament fishing accessory available. value appox. $110.00

For anyone sitting on the fence thinking about entering this tournament, here is a little more incentive. You don't have to win to take home some great prizes, meet some great people, and have a great time! For more info please visit the IFPA HSOforum.

I hope to see a few of you there if not somewhere on the ice this year!

Kevin Riley

Hey Kyle,

You can register online (with a credit card) at the IFPA HSOforum or better yet at the rules meeting. Registration & Rules Location: Perry Vol. Fire Department Community Center

Perry Village Park(corner of Lake St and Buckland Ave)

Perry, NY 14530(585) 237 2050

Registration is from 3:30pm to 4:30pm on friday feb 5th 2010, with the rules meeting starting at 4:30pm.

I'll see ya there!

Kevin Riley

Dark Cloud

I remember that day very well. I was headin down the mountain pullin the boat when I saw this shadowy view of what I thought was the rear view of a large black bear! I told the guys I had with me.... LOOK it's a BEAR! Then Tank stood up.....laugh, and I said that ain't no bear.... Hey wait a minute I know that guy. Then I saw ....Dark Cloud, we talked a bit and then went fishing! I don't get up to that neck of the woods to often but when I do, I always think of seeing You and your Dad that day.grin

Kevin Riley

Good Luck Kyle, Lee, Nathan and partner! Wish I coulda been there but had to go with Dana for her tests and get the results on monday. She has an Aortic Aneurism.

WHAT...Dude, call me and fill me in, PLEASE!!!

You know that the boys and girl(Jake, Josh and Catlin) are more than welcome here for as long as they need to be...we have the room and will do whatever transporting of the kids as necessary!!!

Call my cell or if you need to...Call The Arad Evans Inn and ask for me cool

Take care and be safe!!!

AW

Good luck and Our thoughts and prayers are sent!!!

Chris - My fathein-law had the same thing done about 5 years ago and they did a fantastic job in Syracuse on the aneurism, he's doing great. Good luck Dana!

Well the boys did quite well at the IFPA event on Silver today. Kyle and Lee finished in 6th place and caught a .90 perch for big fish and took home $460 for there efforts also bonus prize of a new Clam Command Post fish house today. cool Seems like one more big perch and you guys were in the top 5 or better. Well done guys. smile

Kevin Riley and Darrell finished in 2nd place, don't know what the final payout was. Congrats on another top finish you guys! smile

Thanks Timmy, we had a good time. We fished hard and wish we had one more day to pre-fish because we knew what we wanted to get. Our only draw back was we spent to long in the morning fishing for the perch but we knew that if we had a few big perch that's where most of the weight would come from. Now here's the sick part of it all, with 20 minutes left I rolled 2 BIG perch and I wanted to just jump through my sled. We were in 15' of water and Kyle could site fish good with his black trap and I would fish with the Marcum until a good mark showed up and then I would look down at my lure, when both those fish hit they just sucked it in and I couldn't get a good hook set with my long rod and I just watch them roll over on their sides. Well I'm tired as heck and will post more later, I have to go to bed, I've been up for almost 24 hrs.

Kyle/Lee & Kevin/Darrell Congrats on your Finishes. That Lake was a real test. So much for plans at times. Seems like when runnin and gunnin will work it does the opposite and sitting and waiting ends up paying out. Oh next time in multi species i may just sitting on my hole for a while longer especially when I know of all three being in the neighbourhood. I may have take 11th this time but not next. I am looking forward to fishing with you men again.

Here is a link to my interview from that day. Just down the shore

http://buffalo.ynn.com/all-regions-news-2135-content/495444/ice-fishing-in-wyoming-county

Yeah the tourney was a good time as they usually are. I wanted to let you guys who have fished the NAIFC events that the IFPA picked up where they left off. IFPA put on a great event with actually some things that were a bit more smooth compared to the NAIFC.

oh yeah and next year its looking like we will have IFPA comming to Oneida lake for this tournement, still in planning but its looking promising. This will give all of you guys that may have always wanted to try you hand in a tourney to do it on home terf and not have to pay out an arm and a leg for traveling!

Lee Good to hear you will be there. Chris and I need you to hold the camera while we are getting the first place check. LOL

The lake conditions will be getting better by then with the cold nights.