• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fly fishing

ladylikestofish

My son got 'hooked' on fishing last summer. Now he wants to learn to fly fish. He got a rod, reel, & fly line (a few flies too) for Christmas. Could someone give us a good resource for fly fishing instruction? He already has a book; now he wants hands-on lessons. I've found a few places on the internet that offer fly fishing lessons, but I wondered if anyone could give me a recommendation based on word-of-mouth or personal experience.

Hey lady!

If you have the time, I will be hosting the Second Annual Trout Day in Forestville State PArk APril 27th. There will be several people on hand that would love to show your son how to cast and tie etc. Plus there will be door prizes and other great stuff. Check out the Events Forum for more!

Jim W

Hey Jim W.!
I absolutely LOVE you! You are my new best friend!!!
My son and I will DEFINITELY make time for your presentation. We've been to Forrestville State Park before and loved it. That was a few years ago, before my son (Spencer) was into fishing. We had planned on going down there sometime this summer anyway because I remembered the great fishing that was available there. Thank you so much for the info.!!!

Careful, not so sure my beloved would like reading your post! Heck, I think I might have even blushed!

Anyway, no problem. There should be enough fishing, fun and information to keep you and your son busy! It is a free event, intended on simply sharing info, making new friends, learning a few things and of course fishing.

Good chance you will come away with either some new gear, gift certificate or even a guided trip!!!

Look forward to meeting you! Keep checking back to the Tourneys and Events Forum for updated info.

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

If you live in the twin cities area check out Bentley's Outfitters (www.bentleysoutfitters.com) in Eden Prairie or Bob Mitchell's on the north east side of town (www.spacestar.com/users/bobmitch/ ). I have had really good experiences at both taking fly tying lessons.

[This message has been edited by Herkey (edited 01-28-2002).]

Jim W:
Tell your beloved not to worry... I'm not fishing for a man, just fish! (loved your reply though!)
I found another great offer besides the one you mentioned at Forestville; there's are fly fishing instructions being offered at Whitewater State Park beginning April 19th. I called this morning and was GLAD I did because after I took three spots (for my son, his best friend, and myself) there were only three spots left! It looks like were going to have to go to the Whitewater lesson on the 26th, and then stay somewhere overnight in the area so we can be in Forestville on the 27th. The boys & I will look you up!

Herkey:
Thanks for the 'inside info.' on Bentleys. Another angler at another site replied to me with the same referral... must be good.