• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opinions on best fiberglass walleye boats!

Depends upon how you use em. The Rangers and the Nitros (etc.) are great boats on smaller water.... some of my favorites to fish outta. On BIG water.... the Leechs and Rainy's etc. (especially on windy days) I feel more comfortable in a more cruiser style just for their size and deep hulls (most fun I ever had was in a buddies 22' Larson on Vermilion during a storm where I had more as much in the boat as I did walleyes). Only fished once out of a Warrior but was VERY impressed, at 17' I didn't feel kicked around, but didn't feel like I was 5' off the water, very fishable. Just my 2 cents

i am kind of partial to the rangers, but i have a bass boat and not a fisherman.several of the guys that i know with them like them. they do make a deep vee series also. mainly look around and take some rides. don't buy until you have been out in one. then check the book prices for comparison on values! then decide! del

The Warrior and Crestliner are great boats to break through the "big" waves. But the Rangers and Nitros are good boats also but might cost more. But me personally would go with a Warrior. My Choice would be 1.Warrior
2.Ranger 3.Crestliner I am not a big nitro fan.

The best glass walleye boat is a Ranger Fisherman. My buddy has one and its the best built big water glass boat i have been in. Its a very dry ride and its packed full of features. Its also very smooth. It pounds through three foot waves at 60MPH on Mille Lacs very nice. On the downside look to spend over 30k, but i guess you get what you pay for..

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

I personally own a WARRIOR and absolutely love it. I fish Mille Lacs all the time and it handles the rough water excellent. The new 2002 models are beefed up even more and offer better storage than the older models. I like the WARRIORS, but the RANGER FISHERMAN is also an excellent boat. Just my opinion.

CROSS THEIR EYES!!!!!

Warrior hands down.

I have fished in most other fiberglass walleye boats. Warriors are tough and dry. They can take a beating and don't beat on you.

I fish over 125 days a year on big water. I have never had a concern for safety while in a Warrior. I have used a Warrior for 7 years on Devils Lake and Lake Oahe.

Warrors aren't the fastest top-end on smooth water, but when the going is tough, I slide by others. Look at other boats when they approach you, notice how much water is coming of the other boats hulls and how high it is in the air. Look at the occasional mega splash that fly high into the air, that my friends are signs pain. Listen to the noise.

Warriors also are made for fisherman. Most fiberglass boats are made to fish just two people. They take up to much room in the back with live wells and such. No room for people. Most glass walleye boats are made by bass boat companies, and you get bass boat features like front decks that are too shallow. Don't get turned on by metallic flake and fancy colors, they don't catch you any fish. Ranger for example has too low of seat pedastals, you have to ride'em on your kiester, you can't use your legs to help take in the shock of those extra big waves that come out of nowhere.

Warriors are made for walleye fisherman by walleye fisherman.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

In my opinion, the Tuffy 1990 renagade
is the best on the water. I have been
on their Pro staff for 6 years, in that
time I have blown by more warriors and Rangers, than I can count.
For big water performance, it can't be beat, just ask the pro's that fish in them.
They also have a complete line of other
great boats, all of them designed by the people that fish them, like me! smile.gif

------------------
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
[email protected]
www.aceguideservice.com
(218) 753-2612