• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Dual Depth Finder Problems????

As an unselfish fisherman I have tried to provide a LCD depth finder for my fishing partner in the front of the boat so they can also see what I am seeing in the back of the boat. They also should have the ability to see the bottom and tolling contour, jigging structure and when I am under way (to help navigate among the rocks). My only problem is that I can't seem to run two Depth finders at the same time without the interference from one mucking up the other. I have them placed close together in the back of the boat (and I know that is a little bit of the reason but don't want to start drilling holes in my boat if there is another solution.) What I would like to do is keep my X-65 in back and up-grade the Front one this year. Is there a LCD Depth finder that has a different frequency that could run at the same time with out the fowling up the back one? I know the Vexilar’s will work with the X-65 but is there a LCD that might?

Goose

goose. i can't help, but would recomend going to the manufactors web sites and ask them . or try some of the dealers in your area. del

Goose/ I run three LCR's and a Vex. Your doing the right thing by letting your partner get to see what they are fishing. You have identified the problem. Your running two locators on the same freqency. I run a LMS-350a for my GPS. I then use a x-85 and the Garmin 240 for fishing. The Garmin runs on 200khz which will not interfere with the lowrance LCR's. Also make sure each unit is wired to an independent battery. Or make sure your not wiring any locators to a battery that powers a trolling motor.. D-man

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

D-Man how close are your Transducers to each other? Thanks for the tip about the Garmin's I have just got back from there web site.

Goose

D-man do you have both of them on your Transom on the same side?

Goose

check with the manufacturer maybe they have a dual monitor splitter that way you use only one transducer for two or three monitors I know lowrance does

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• dont look so puzzled, I was correcting the stuff rick posted on fm as per your request.
    • From the left or they buck you off
    • revenge... LOL     But for almost $200 bones more for a Ice 7 then a FL18 not sure how much better?   But for almost $200 bones more for an Ice 7 than an FL18, not sure how much better.     
    • Hummingbird Ice 7.  Yes please fix anything you don't understand that may bug you! 😃
    • 3 years ago I fell for the FLX28 from a FL18 and while I like the quiet I miss the 18. The 28 has a couple advantages but it has so much worthless dump on it my 18 did everything I wanted in a flasher. I sold the 18 to a friend and there's no way he's selling it back. JMHO but that 18 was the best ever. Like others I had a chance to buy at a very low price but still question the decision. As much as I'm tired of these flasher/auger posts this one is actually more about features more than brand bashing. Also a smart post by Rick to get some traffic going. I think this is still the best ice site but wonder why so many disappeared. The rules have been relaxed too, I haven't been banned for 2 or 3 years now. My reputation has a plus sign on it!  Eyeguy, time for some underwater photography?
    • for a ice???  then instead of than??  want me to edit???  ;lol
    • I heard they work a little better on small targets. 😁 But for almost $200 bones more for a Ice 7 then a FL18 not sure how much better? 😮
    • youtube was down last night so wasnt able to upload video. Maybe I will get it done later today.   Here is an update on harvest:  
    • leech and others, i actually thought the same exact thing, the whole screen is used up with "history", trust me, I loved my marcum flasher and did not want to give into the 2D sonar; but after swapping it out of the boat from the summer use then using it all winter, I'm sold. Like getanet posted, you can still have the flasher screen with the helix so you dont have to use the 2d sonar view. hence my argument, smartphone (with all of the gadgets, summer, winter, etc) vs flip phones (flasher only).   but I rarely use the flasher portion on my helix and opt to the 2d sonar (by the way with 2d you still get the flasher/rts window in real time) and it's history. you can adjust the size of your history and RTS window on the helix as well, and I've found to have the history useful at times as well, if you look away for instance and see a mark on the history screen, you can be fore-warned of a nearby fish, with a flasher, you get that quick flash and its gone.    it took me some coaxing just like when I didnt want to switch out of my reliable dependable flip phone to a fancy smartphone, but I'm a convert now, and I still bring my Marcum with
    • Sounds like a great trip, I'm more than a little jealous. Also a great bit of parenting.  Sounds like your son is well on his way to being a good man, well done.