• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern pike phases?

g man46

A friend of mine caught a northern up in Manitoba that has vertical bars along with the the normal coloring. The guide at the lake told him it was a tiger muskie, but all the tigers I've seen looked nothing like that. I was wondering if pike, like muskies, have phases? I have pictures of the fish in my e-mail, but I do not know how to get it so you can view it. So, if anyone has any ideas on the fish or can help me get the pictures on the post, please let me know.
Thanks

Adding Images
To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example (UBBCode™ is in red).

footer_logotype.gif_

Take out the underscores

In the example above, the UBBCode™ automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the %7Boption%7D code. Also note: some UBB forums may disable the %7Boption%7D tag support to prevent objectionable images from being viewed.

[This message has been edited by FishSugar (edited 08-07-2002).]

g man46 - it's a "Norsky"

I believe the northern you are talking about may be the same as one caught here by a person that I took northern fishing not long ago - my e-mail is [email protected] - send the picture and we'll compare notes. To get a picture posted within FM I've set them to [email protected] and Paul will get it in the works.

I'm guessing it's cross fertilization between a musky and northern pike as you will see in the picture I'll send it's mostly grren and white and doesn't come close to "Tiger" colors or appreance.

Look forward to seeing the picture.

BB-LDF

Well here goes. The link is looooong so I don't know if it will work.
My+Photo+Album&.dnm=Gregs+pic.jpg&.src=ph

Well, didn't work I will e-mail anyone the picture if you would like.

[This message has been edited by g man46 (edited 08-07-2002).]