• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nitro Avalanche and Optimax motor?

Hey guys, my dad is looking at buying a Nitro Avalanche boat, from what I have read, it is basically a new concept boat with thick aluminum that looks and feels like fiberglass, only a lot lighter....I found the boat at trackerboats.com....anyone know anything about this boat or have any advice. Also, ever since the merc. Optimax motor has come out he has wanted the 150 hp...now that he is looking at boats, he has had some people say that the optimax isnt' the best choice. He does care about a fast hole shot and enjoys top end speed......for some reason he has shied away from a fourstroke due to the fact he has been told it doesn't have as quick of a hole shot.
Any info on either the boat or the motor would be appreciated.
Thanks

<Moved to equipment forum>

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 08-07-2002).]