• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fished deep off the point in about 16"fow and caught blue gills right and left all morning long. as always really no size to the fish, about 5" to 6"

there is a packed trail from vehicle traffic off the boat ramp out past the point, I drove my truck on but after drilling hole I probably shouldnt have. there were several other vehicles and permys on the ice.

I wouldnt venture far off the path in a truck.

fished tonight from 5:30pm to 8pm

access has lots of snow but a couple people had made tracks before me so I drove out to the edge of the island where there was just enough room for me to turn around and not get stuck in the deep stuff. Not where I would prefer to fish but was by myself and didnt want to take any chances and get stuck so I fished off the edge of the island in 11fow.

Caught several crappies and blue gills, none of the gills had any size to them but I caught some larger keeper sized crappies mostly on a Firetiger demon jigging spoon. Also caught several fish on a small glow genzworm.

lakes wide open, if you have some property on the lake you may want to take note that they had some pretty high winds that rolled through there the other day.

You can see some pics and a video of the damage here:

http://www.keloland.com/news/NewsDetail6371.cfm?ID=113517

Let us know how the fishing is this year. I myself havent fished it since all the fished died in there. I am hoping it was a blessing in disquise because the fish were so small in that lake. I am hoping that now that some have died whats left will grow bigger. It was sad to see alot of nice fish die in the process but hopefully that lake it will grow some bigger fish. I have always caught fish there, just never anything to size.

Have had good Luck last 5 years lots of nice crappie and a good walleye here and there. Seasonal close to elks point. like the best says good fishing and good luck!