• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing rigs

Bobcatbeej

I have a couple of questions on fishing rigs. When fishing a bottom bouncing rig with a walking sinker, what is the best way to tie the sinker to the line above the swivel? You could just let it slide loose but I envision many tangles.

Question 2. Is there a way to know how long you let a jig or spoon etc sink to a certain depth, say 10 feet, before retrieving it? I've heard of a count down method, but not much about it.

Thanks, Blake

Blake,
Check out a display of Northland Fishing Tackle and look for a black plastic tube that is designed for holding bouncers and also slides on your line.
I use these all of the time and they work great.

Spoons and the like, count down method is as named. I have never worried about counting down for a spoon. Most of the time the fish won't hesitate coming up for it.

Rapala's in the countdown models work very well and have used this method when casting for eye's or lake trout from the rocks along Superior.

Terry
Terry's Guide Service