• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bogwalker

Favorite Portable

plastic 5 gallon bucket as protable as possible other than that it would have to be any of the Otter products

Team Wild 3 Man by Otter is the best as far as room, comfort and ease of set-up for me. The price for the size and stuff that comes with it is awesome.

I really like the new Clam fish trap Denalli. Its a huge portable and is actually pretty light compared to some other portables. I will more than likely be buying one either the end of this year or begining of next season.

If fishing by yourself the flip up and or 3man houses get a little heavy to lift into a van or high 4by4.I have an otter cabin which is nice but heavy.I really like the frabill hideout the best.Not a ton of room but quick to set and very easy to load and store!c63

I would of purchased the Wild 2 if it would of fit in the back of my X-over w/o having to fold down the seat (I didn't have a trailer or rack to put it on).

W2Collage.jpg

So instead, I purchased the next best, Clam 6x12 Command Post and love it!

IMG01039.jpg

servocam, Do you put carpet or something on the ice in your Clam ?

I have (3) 3'x4' outdoor mats that I use. I use to just use one as that is enough for two to be on, but now use 3 as it is nice to set stuff on the rugs. I'm looking at using Dricore 2x2 tiles - but don't stay on the ice long enough yet - maybe if doing all-nighters. The Dricore are plastic bottom and wood tops ~7/8" thick.

The 6x12 is nice to have a ton of space! No problems keeping it warm, but I have not had it out below 4 degrees yet. I use a Mr. Heater Big Buddy to heat it and gets nice and warm in there. I can also set it up as a 6x6 by collapsing 3 sides and folding down (roof now becomes the side).

My son on one of the rugs fishing.

IM000121.jpg

Are you looking at buying a portable?

servocam, I just bought an Eskimo sled type portable last winter. I really like the room you have in your Clam. The sled with a bench seat is good for 2 people, 3 is crowded, and it is much heavier than I thought it would be.

Dont think you can go wrong with any portable. Want thermal cost more. The clams come with nice seats vs a bench seat from others. The new eskimo shelters Have the button pushers on the poles built in thats a nice feature also.

Clam X2. Well built and very comfortable. Easy to pack up and unpack.

eskimo quickfish 3 for me. The best hub shack made. Lightweight, over 6' tall, and really quiet even in heavy winds. My otter and clam houses are now dust collectors.

Eskimo QFIII, 4 seasons hard use and going strong.

Same thing here!! This thing is awesome and I reccomend it to EVERYONE!! I have ran it through some very tough conditions of -30, 45mph winds, freeze-thaw, ect. Surpased 200 outings with it this winter (no tears, holes, stains, looks brand new). I dry it out after every use and take care of it. For $140 four years ago it was the best money I ever spent.

I have a scout and a guide the scout is nice for the warmer days and windy days when hole hopping. The guide is nice when really cold out and sitting in one spot or just not moving as much.

ryansfishtrap003.jpg

OTTER LODGE for the last 7 years and going strong. just bought a used fish trap pro for fishing by myself because the lodge is heavy and too much for fishing by myself so much. will never give up the lodge though!

other than the zipper going to si%T on me last year I have loved my frabill ranger xl has for 5-6 years now

I drive an explorer so I don't have the space for a flipover. I went with the Eskimo Quickfish 3 and I love it. I might need to pickup the Quickfish 6 soon to accommodate a family of four! I wouldn't mind having a on man flipover too. I need more money!