• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meteor Shower

Jill

I was just browsing the news headlines and read that the annual Perseid meteor shower will start building toward a peak on Aug. 12. The best viewing times will be late Sun, Aug 11 into the earlier hours of Mon, Aug 12 and again late Mon, Aug 12 into the early hours of Tue, Aug 13.

For those of you that will be in the area during this time, it will be worth your while to try and catch the shower. A few years ago I was camping on an island during a meteor shower and it was spectacular. I will be at a resort on Kab from Aug 10-18 and I am looking forward to it!

Jill,

Thanks for the reminder!! I was just discussing this with my wife last night.

Get out away from city lights, on a lake, in the woods etc. This can make for some exciting night time visual displays.
I hope the night sky is clear in your kneck of the woods. LAst year(in my area), we had high night time stratos that made for poor visibility!

Thanks again Jill for the reminder! I moved your post so everyone could be reminded to look up come the 11th!!

Jim W

I have been noticing a lot of shooting stars lately while fishing late nights.I made a lot of wishes and if I am out when they peak and I wish upon them all I will be the happiest man on earth!

Thanks for the reminder. The Perseids can be the most spectacular meteor shower of the year. Hopefully some cool nights, clear skies and a bit of a breeze will keep the mosquitoes at bay.

We're heading to the BWCAW that week.

Thanks again....

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598