• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Millenium Lure Questions

Dano2

Thanks,
also, rapala tells you to tie the string directly to the lure, which I usually do,
should you with the millenium as well?

I noticed in the pictures they have another ring attached to the nose.
Just want it to run the best it can.

thanks in advance

Hi D-man,
yes I found it again, after reading so many posts in here I couldn't even remember it.
I copied part of your post here becasue I have another question:
"I like to use the Stick Minnow with 8/12 Fusion superline. The 8# diameter gets the bait down 6-8 feet with 60-70 feet of line out."
I use Trilene XT 10# test,
now with a rap. #11 floater it takes about
150 ft. of line to get it down to about 6ft.,
this is according to the precision trolling guide anyway.
Now what about the millenium stick minnow,
with my type of line?
Just trying to get some figures, I should be getting mine in a couple days, and off I go to Ottertail .

I will probably be trying about 6-10 ft.
of water, and I have nevr useda planer board yet, so wish my luck on my fisrt trial run,
should be a site to see, LOL
thanks

Remember, a two pound difference makes a big impact. And its even more of an impact with a mono v.s a superline like Fusion. Fusion is a pressed fused line making it almost flat with a sharp edge on each side. With this profile it slices through water better than a fat round mono. The better you can penetrate the water with less resistence, the deeper the bait will run. Don't overlook the curve in the book for other pound test's. I haven't used mono in years. Give the superlines a try, you'll be very impressed.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

Just order the Stick minnow in the clown and the shad.
heading out to Otertail as soon as I get them.

Just wondering if the stick minnow runs something like the Rapala originnal floating minnow #11
Example for Rap.#11 from precision trolling

Feet Down) 1 2 3 4 5 6
Feet back) 8 18 31 50 80 150

Thanks.

Anyone been out to Ottertail pulling cranks?
Just wondering about what depth they MIGHT be suspending at towards evening, and in about what depth water.

thanks alot

They will be very similar as far as running depth. I have been running them behind 3 ways and with lead core to get them deeper. I have used most of the Millennium Lures 5" Minnows already this year but the two hottest have been the Clown and Shad patterns.ScottS