• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing/Boating Manners

Uncle Grump

Hi All

Was fishing on Cedar Lk near Faribault on
Sunday. We got some sunfish and crappie,
but its not the point of this post.

I don't know about the rest of you, but
having someone blast past at full throttle
and then having to ride/wallow in thru the wake - it bothers my neck and back - like
a miniture case of whiplash each time it
occurs.

I want to THANK all of the boaters - fisherman and pleasure boater - even the
jetski'ers who slow down when going past
a fishing boat - anchored, drifting, trolling, etc. This is something that I
would love to see get taken up by all the boaters in this state.

Thanks

UG

Ya, one time i was out fishing on a fairly big lake for sunnies (I actually did real well), and there was this one skier that drove past me for about five minutes. He had the whole lake to fool around but instead he decided to stay in one spot near me. They had no manners at all.

------------------
Eat, Sleep, and FISH all day!

Happened to my partner and I all afternoon long on the Minnewaska tourney. Unbelieveable! We actually got weeded out of one spot because the boats would rather drive/pull their skiers between the shore (40 yards or so) and us, when they had so much room out in the deeper water. Their props churned up the lake so bad we couldn't cast a lure 3 feet off the side of the boat without snagging weeds. They were running boats in thick weeds and 3 feet of water. I just don't get some people.

As a fisherman, jetskier, and occasional water skier, I couldn't agree more. There area lot of inconsiderate people out there in each of these categories..

The funny thing about jet skiing is that, at least where I have ridden, I've seen way more inconsiderate boaters than jet skiers, even though jet skiers get a bad rap. I imagine this is because people let kids ride them without explaining nautical right of way (on a jet ski, this is "everyone but you", since you're always the most maneuverable craft) and just generally good manners. So they probably screw it up for everyone.

Still, I see a lot of fishing boats go blasting by other boats, as well as skiers/tubers going way too close to shore/docks/boats/etc.

Uncle Grump,

Good to see your still out fishing!!
Make sure your not too hard on those "whipper snappers"LOL!!

We'll have to hook up again someday, now that I am a proud owner of a fishing float!

The only problem is, not getting on the streams and small rivers like I should!!!

On the topic, as long as there are people concentrated anywhere, there will be a few knuckle heads to spoil or decrease your level of enjoyment!

Some will never learn. It is very similar to a lot of the other fishing issues on the platter! For example catch and release!!!!!
Catching for fun!!!!
Those two concepts are very far from many and their way of approaching the wonderful world of fishing. WIll my children have the same fishing environment???????????????????????
Waaaay off subject sorry!

Take care and keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W