• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
waterbound

Eelpout!

Well about a week and a half ago my dad and I were up north and we caught a couple eelpouts and I was waiting to catch some more fish to fry 'em up for a good meal. I got a pike today and so I decided it was time to fry up some fish. It turned out great and I actually preferred the eelpout to the pike! Here's the recipe (it's pretty basic):

Ingredients:

An eelpout or two, cleaned and cut into 2-3 inch chunks

Fish Fry Mix

1 stick of butter

Garlic

Dill

Paprika

What you gotta do:

Melt butter in pan. Slice garlic very thin and fry it in with the butter. Coat eelpout with fish fry mix. Place eelpout in frying pan and sprinkle with dill and paprika. Cook until it's cooked through. Then you just need to eat it. grin

I love eating pout and basically fry it just like I do walleyes or panfish. I also got a tip to boil it in Mountain Dew and then dip it in melted butter. This wasn't to bad but prefer it fried though.

Yep, the backstraps and the tail are the parts with the most meat. It's not worth trying to get meat off the ribs...I cut one open to try to fillet the meat off the ribs and I almost got sick...