• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for some good walleye lakes

Does anyone know of a decent lake to fish walleye in Carver, Mcleod, Wright,or Meeker, counties. I moved down to Carver area and miss fishing Mille Lacs 3-5 times a week. I tried Waconia but boat traffic was real busy that day. Just got alittle snake and a few perch. Would appreiciate it!

Check out the Hutchinson Area forum

I had the best fishing on Washington two weekends ago. Most fish I have caught there in 10+years!

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-11-2002).]

Hello Wallywoman,

In my opinion...Clearwater in Annandale stands head and shoulders above all other local walleye haunts. I primarily fish Mille Lacs, but when I am not there I am at Clearwater. Work the weedlines of sunken mid-lake humps in 11 to 15'. One thing about this lake, there is tremendous structure, and you should be somewhat careful running your boat the first few times you are out. You can easily ding your prop if you are not careful.

Clearwater is very good. Just be very careful(as a person alway should be)about getting all the weeds off of your boat and trailer. It is one of the lakes with eurasion milfoil in it. Also try Pulagski, Buffalo(near the city of Buffalo). Silvia/Twin(SW of Annandale) are another 10-15 West of Clearwater but they can be real good as well.

Cedar can be good, especially earlier in the summer(Located between Montello and Maple Lake).

There are lots of good walleye lakes out there. Make sure to check them out on the MN DNR site using the lakefinder link. It will have maps and survey data for most of the lakes.

Good Luck!

wallywoman I have lived on waconia for 24 years and fish it very very often. I do quite well on the lake. I would gladly take you out and show you a few spots on waconia if you so wish. once you know what to look for then the lake is actually pretty easy. It is all about the spot on the spot. my email is [email protected] email me if you are interested in hitting the lake. I have a tournament this weekend so I will be leaving tomorrow but anytime next week I would be more than happy to show ya a few spots.
Jon

Hey weekend junkie, What town or area is Beebe located?
Hi Grabs< We tried Stella last weekend from 8:30-1:00am - all we caught were bullheads everywhere. Weekend before tried Crow river there in Hutch @ the park, got a few walleye eaters, a cat,& lots of bullheads,small lg mouth & not to mention a couple 10+ lb carp.Thanks for the info though We're gonna give Wasington a try this weekend hopefully You wouldnt happen to give out some good spots or GPS coordinates would you? smile.gif That lake looked a bit larger than the Stella side.

Thanks Fathead, Clearwater... I'll have to look that up on the DNr site & gat a lakemap. Havent tried anywhere near that area.

>Hey Borch Thanks for the info! Ive got Lake maps for Buffalo & Cedar.Was told water is too high & roads are flooded But we'll get over there yet!
> Hi Fishermann222, we'd love to learn to conquer Waconia! we'll have to set something up. Good Luck at your tourney!!

And thanks again guys

I don't have any GPS points for you but if you go straight out from the landing, put yourself out in front of the yellow A-frame looking house start in 6-8 ft deep, it should drop to 10-14, then come back up to 5-6 on top of the rock piles, you'll have to work through some weeds as you drift or troll across the two rock piles, there should be boats out there so it shouldn't be hard to locate. The ticket with Washington and Stella is to not fish it at traditional times. We had our best luck from 9:30am-2:30pm. No reason to stay past dark or even dusk for that matter.

The walleyes should hit hard, any tapping on the line is perch or bullheads, leeches help keep them off a little bit. Use metallic spinners on your lindy's.

Good Luck let me know how you do.

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-11-2002).]

sorry walley...beebe is northeast of buffalo....AWE HELL, just come up to winnie just got off the lake hit the double header. eyes and slab crappie... we caught a total of 125 fish today....yeee haw my hands are sore and they are wanting more. grin.gif the junkie

[This message has been edited by weekendjunkie (edited 07-12-2002).]

Fathead,..can you help me out on Clearwater walleyes? I tried yesterday but with no luck.

Is there much of a daytime bite, or should I be focusing on morning and night strictly?

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-29-2002).]