• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How would you like this landing next to you?

DaSwede

I was out on Bald Eagle a couple years ago and I heard helicopter come by. It was really loud aso I peeked outside. It was hovering about 40 feet above my portable and blowing around a ton of snow. Not sure what the guy was trying to accomplish...

They were in controlled airspace it was illegal for them to land there since it was so close to the airport. Minneapolis is a class B airport and from the ground there is a 5 mile radius that is still controlled by ATC and from my understanding they did not get clearance to land... this is why accidents happen.

I got buzzed by a plane with skis on Demontreville Lk Sat afternoon. It looked like the yellow one in the article.

Does it seem like there are more float planes? I see them all the time now during the open water season. At one time, I thought they were about the coolest things ever. Now I just consider them jetskis in the sky. Loud and annoying. I've been pushed off a fishing spot than once by a float plane repeatedly doing the touch and go routine.

Many years ago I was on Lexington lake (Clear) west of Montgomery , MN ice fishing with my friend John. We had a plane land so close to us. A man and two gals hop out, drilled two holes by hand. The man got back in the plane and left the two broads fishing. Ended up tooling the plane to shore where a resort bar and grill is. He was in and out and back to the girls in ten minutes. It is my belief they were out of beers.