• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing trip advice

Hey guys and gals, my family and i are looking for a little advice, we're planning on a fishing trip up north in early august. Would like to find some great northern pike fishing. Smallies, walleye or lake trout would also be an option. Muskie fishing would be great too. Anyway, my folks live in north-central North Dakota and we'd like to find something within a days drive of there, it would also have to be reasonably priced for a family of four. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

My suggestion would be Lake of the Woods. I'd consider the Oak Island area possibly. If lake trout are high on the priority list try the Sioux Narrows area- lots of smallies, walleyes, lake trout, and muskie. It's God's country up there!!!
Scoot

Kind of looking to get into some Canadian monster pike fishing with a maybe a day or half day of chasing smallies and possibly walleye around. LOW is definitely an option, fish Devils Lake all the time, and Sak plenty.

I think all of the water mentioned above are great options. However, I'll say it again- if you want to fish for all of the species you mentioned, three letters come to mind...
L O W

It's the only lake mentioned that has all of the fish you requested. It also has great numbers of all of the fish you mentioned.
Scoot