• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
slarson

Walleye/ Sauger fishing on Mississippi near St. Louis

I am fairly new to the area and would like to do some Walleye and Sauger fishing on the Mississippi. I live near L&D 25. I hear that there is some good fishing on the river near here. What times of year are generally best? Which dams should I fish below? 23, 24, 25, others? Any tips or information about which baitshops that are helpful? I plan on living here for years and need to get started but would like just a little help about where to start. Don't want to fish for years and then find out I am not in the right area.

I have fished Pool 4 in Minnesota and seen the mass of boats. Is there anywhere that is similar to that on the weekends?

Thanks for any tips!

I have never done it, but I've talked to a few people that do it. They go below Clarksville, usually in Feb. They use jigs w/minnows. I would like to try it sometime...but the guys I fish with are chickens when it comes to the Mighty Miss!

Thanks for the post. That is where I thought they were fishing for them. Hopefully I can talk my buddies into going out there one of these weekends. I've heard you just have to be careful of the ice coming down.

Did you get to go out for the walleye anymore? I never did try it! One of these winters I will make it out on the Old Miss!

Didn't make it back out there. Between work, weather and the water conditions we couldn't find a good time.

I live in the STL area. I fish below the Winfield dam in January and February....depending on conditions. Decent fishing, but nowhere near where I grew up in NE Minnesota.

Welcome! Don't be afraid to tell us more about yourself! Where do you like to fish other than on the Mighty Miss. Do you ever go to any of the lakes? Like I said WELCOME!