• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye/ Sauger fishing on Mississippi near St. Louis

I am fairly new to the area and would like to do some Walleye and Sauger fishing on the Mississippi. I live near L&D 25. I hear that there is some good fishing on the river near here. What times of year are generally best? Which dams should I fish below? 23, 24, 25, others? Any tips or information about which baitshops that are helpful? I plan on living here for years and need to get started but would like just a little help about where to start. Don't want to fish for years and then find out I am not in the right area.

I have fished Pool 4 in Minnesota and seen the mass of boats. Is there anywhere that is similar to that on the weekends?

Thanks for any tips!

I have never done it, but I've talked to a few people that do it. They go below Clarksville, usually in Feb. They use jigs w/minnows. I would like to try it sometime...but the guys I fish with are chickens when it comes to the Mighty Miss!

Thanks for the post. That is where I thought they were fishing for them. Hopefully I can talk my buddies into going out there one of these weekends. I've heard you just have to be careful of the ice coming down.