• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Walleye fishing tips?

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on fishing for walleye in lakes during the hot month of July? If you know any tips, let me know please.

Thanks to anyone who responds!

------------------
Northern Fisherman

Depends on the lakes you fish. If you're fishing lakes with weeds don't be afraid to get into those weeds with a jig and a leech. Lindy rigs with lively bait or power trolling spinner rigs can produce fish.

Some ready do well pulling cranks over deep water in the evenings looking for suspended fish. I've done well at times with this approach but really don't do it enough.

Main thing is don't rule anything out. For instance I went out for a couple hours this afternoon with a freind and we kept 4 walleyes and through back a 15" and 19 1/4 " smallmouth bass. All came out of less than 10' of water. The water temp we had was between 83-85 degrees. So they should be deeper wink.gif

Best of luck!

I usually drag raps around in 4-6 feet of water from sunset till 11pm or whenever they stop biting. Last year I limited out in 3 feet of water with a floating rapala in late July. Unfortunately we forgot our flashlight that night and had to use lighted bobbers to take out the hooks.

I am a firm believer in populations of roaming "free range walleye", and resident populations which can be found at the same locations. take winnie for instance... bowens flats gets pounded for the first month of the season, many limits hundreds of boats there to take them. Then as spring progresses into summer the "roaming fish" move from area to area on the lake, but, if you take the time to look close there are still plenty of fish"residents" to be found on bowens flats. Or am i floating in the clouds on this one... the junkie