• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your Biggest Small Stream Trout...Let see it!

Driftless

Quote:
Thanks for the comments, I fish almost exclusively with Husky jerk-baits (#12, I think) I am convinced the bouyancy of the bait and being able to keep in in the "fish zone" longer is what triggers the strike. Time of day does not seem to matter too much. Also, I always crimp the barbs when fishing C&R.

Kewel. Say do you have a preference for color? I have a few #10 Husky Jerk baits neon blue with orange belly. I've only caught one stocker rainbow. My go to lure for big browns is still a #6 or #6 all silver Panther Martin. I also have some #12 countdown brown trout raps I've had success on too.

A couple more to wet everyone's whistle.

April09017.jpg

April09027.jpg

lighteningcreek08.jpg

I am into the neon glow filter lately with Adobe Photoshop.

This is a tubby 16" brown from a brook trout stream in western WI. Neat to see the glowing eye so clearly.

May09019g.jpg

This is a 14" brookie I caught in southwestern WI last August.

lighteningcreek03g.jpg

Actually the net photo a few posts above I ordered to be printed up on a black t-shirt last week. Hope it turns out as cool as the photo.

All my largest stream trout predate my digital camera and I might never get the old pics scanned in. However, my favorite big stream trout experience was one time fishing with a friend (who died this winter.) We were fishing a large bend in a stream and were far enough apart that we couldn't see one another. I hooked a hog trout and shouted for him to come help me land it. He yelled back that he needed my help to land his instead. We laughed our way through an argument over who had the bigger brown. I landed a 20 incher and ran toward him to prove I had the bigger fish. I got to him just as he pulled a 22 incher from the water. We didn't have a camera with. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.