• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a state record officially.........

ricqik

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any reason he would make something like this up? Even if the facts he was told are a little exaggerated a big fish was probably caught. It was his nephew that caught the fish so it doesn't do him any good to lie about how big it was. He just wanted to share a story about what happened and I know that personally I'd be happy to have anything to do with catching a big walleye.

If I caught the state record walleye the last thing I would do is let my buddy go parading around with it, without me! Lets see pics of the carcass...

There are a lot of things that dont add up in the story. You cant be too suprised people dont believe this second hand story with zero evidence.

I know one thing for sure, I have witnessed many 7 to 8 pounders where the people swore they were 12 to 14 pounders. I just put it to never really catching a real big walleye. Most people I fish with will never see a fish over 7 or 8 because I've also seen there lite tackle.

this is a very interesting story.... did he not at least get a picture of the head/guts from after it was fileted?? i dont doubt that he caught a big walleye, but how big is the real question...

if you had a picture of the head, and could verify that the eyes were as large as golfballs, that would do wonders in solidifying your story

Does the possibility of a state record walleye even exist in a metro lake? I would think they'd need a steady diet of shad, cisco, or smelt to attain such a size. So with the exception of the rivers, I just don't believe a walleye that big can come from around here. I will end by saying, if this fish existing, it topped at 10 pounds, not an ounce more! wink Definitely still the fish of a lifetime!