• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a state record officially.........

ricqik

cooked...........

this is as real as it gets...... a 36"Length/23"Girth walleye caught n cooked....... angler disowns his friend for it.....

caught just after sunset on a well known metro lake. too dark for a cell phone pic, waited to get home to shoot pics but buddy want to go show it off. so buddy drops of angler who caught state record walleye n heads over to a relative to show the fish off. relative wasn't home, he leaves the fish there n will come back to pick it up. parents later came home, sees fish, butches fish for dinner. friend later returns for fish n was invited for dinner. friend asks whats for dinner, relatives said the big fish u brought us. angler laters hears about it n kicks friends [PoorWordUsage]. anglers avid fisherman uncles also smacks angler on the head for letting fish out of his site. yep, i'm still stunned.

angler said fish had eyes the size of golfballs, whoo.......

this ain't no hoax..... it's my nephew who caught it n i know him well enough this ain't no hoax.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, if I caught a fish like that, no way in h*** would I let my own mother take the fish and wander off from me. The head comment is actually a good idea. You could get a good idea by the size of the head and the remains, especially from a fisheries biologist. At least you could verify length.

with those measurements that would put that fish at over 20lbs I imagine.

So Leech, those weren't even records you ate. If you were to make a statement with this comparison then would've had to eaten 2 7lb crappies. laugh

Ric, I believe that your nephew caught a very big walleye and I will even believe it was over 30", but those measurements are mind blowing, and a little research will show that it's nearly impossible to be that big in MN.

But people do win the lottery, so never say never....

with those measurements that would put that fish at over 20lbs I imagine.

So Leech, those weren't even records you ate. If you were to make a statement with this comparison then would've had to eaten 2 7lb crappies. laugh

Ric, I believe that your nephew caught a very big walleye and I will even believe it was over 30", but those measurements are mind blowing, and a little research will show that it's nearly impossible to be that big in MN.

But people do win the lottery, so never say never....

I agree w/ dtro. I believe he caught a big walleye, 30"-32", and maybe 10-13 lbs. The measurements would put the fish around 23 lbs.

How can a guy be smart enough to measure both the length and girth, yet not have a camera to take a pic? I mean, if you thought it was a record, wouldn't you stop at every gas station on the way home? Call the DNR? Take it to a meat market to get it officially weighed? A 36 by 23" fish comes in at exactly 18 pounds, 8 ounces over the current record. The weight is according to a walleye calculator.

Smells way to fishy. Things tend to grow when you don't have a bump board to measure them on.

I'm not saying your nephew didn't catch a fish fish and I'm sure it was a big fish, but a 36" walleye in the metro? a 23" girth this time of year? I have to say not so much. Now Lake of The Woods in late March/April full of eggs maybe.

I have seen one over 35 in my life on the lake the state record currently resides in and caught one myself over 33 1/2", but those measurements would prevent me from ever letting that fish out of my sight.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I did not lose my camera and did return the fish to the lake. That fish must have tasted terrible.

when u're xcited, u tend to forget things n u make mistakes. i know i have n regret it too this day.

there's no other way to prove it but i know my nephew, so i know he's honest about it. whether peeps believe it or not, is irrelevant, i'm just passing the joy, xcitement n disappointment for all to know.