• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

added rattle to spinners

I don't know of a way, but if there is someone who is very innovative out there this could be a "Million Dollar Idea" smile.gif

Good Luck,
Rusty

Adding a "rattle" to a Spinner rig is easy...I typically will add one or two buck-shot rattle beads (Northland Tackle) in place of a couple of the others...Easy to due,,,defineately makes a difference on some days...Happy Hooking BFJ

BFJ, How did you add the buck-shot rattle beads to the rig? Where did you put it?

I also stormed up another idea adding rattle to your bottom bouncer, never tried it but thinking about doing that also.

------------------
Eat, Sleep, and FISH all day!

[This message has been edited by big-hog_hunter (edited 06-21-2002).]

I too have added buckshots to spinners I have made. But couldn't you simply cut the knot at the top, unthread the existing spinner and beads, add the buckshots and redo the knot? That would be easier than cutting off the hook - at least for me it would.

------------------
Phyl

For you walleye fisherman out there. Is there anyway way I could add rattle to my spinner rig when fishing for walleye. I know the blade gives off a viberation for them but can i add rattle to really get thier attention.

------------------
Eat, Sleep, and FISH all day!

You dont need to do any cutting. Go to the dentist closest to you and get some of the rubberbands people use for braces. They are very small and perfect for this sort of thing.

Actually, I found these little things that have rattles on them that attach to hooks/jigs. Although I bought them for small jigs for fishing crappies, I never used them. I'd have to check but I think they'd attach to darn near anything.

Look around near the panfish/jig section at your local store and you might see them.

Phyl

You know sometimes things are to simple to realize, I too used to cut the hook off until I realized one day that cutting the swivel off was easier.

Good Job!!!

they do make small rattles that can be attached either to the line, or to the lure itself. They can also be attached via the small rubber band method. As for bottom bouncers, excellent idea, although it's already been put into production. You can definitly modify an existing bottom bouncer to do the trick, or if you are smart, build your own and incorperate the bead filled plastic chamber into it.