• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hurricane in Canada

the squirrel

Just came back from canada and have never seen such a storm! Non stop torrnetial rain, lighting and wind like i have never seen! 48 hours straight of serious weather the rest of the days were just plain bad! I have never heard thunder echo through the deep rock channels like in canada..WOW!! Needless to say the fishing suffered.

i here ya squirrel...5 of us just got back from voyageurs park(sand point lake)from a week long stay...last monday a terrific"blow" hit our camp site about 11:00 at night...we were settled in our tents for the night...half asleep...but i could here the storm approaching...rain started ...wind was building...more ...and more....and more...about this time we were all awake(we had 3 bigger tents,mine was a 10'by15" shared with another fishing buddy)...i was laying in my sleeping bag wondering how bad it was going to get!...pitch black of course!...you could here trees start to snap close by!...at this point..i could hardly believe what was happening!...my cot started to lift!(like 2 guys on each end lifting me!...went up gradually ..then flipped me a bout 8' to 10' from where i was originally!both of us were laying on the ground ..inside a black tent...up against a tree..the wind ripped our tent to shreds ...aluminum poles were all twisted!..my cot was laying in the other corner...we crawled out of the tent through a hole in the roof...soaked like rats!...lol...my ribs are still sore from tumbling around on the ground!the next morning the park rangers came by with there launch to assess the damage...they knew there would be problems on various sites...we had trees down ....huge norway and white pines all over the area we were in...they mentioned the winds were clocked sustained at 70 miles an hour during this storm(june 10th)...well we had extra tents ..so we stayed another 5 days and had great fishing!...never went through anything like that storm and hope i never will again!....thanks jon smile.gif