• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trout bait

I have caught rainbows with a chunk of nightcrawler on a slip float system with light line. Use your vexilar to locate fish in deep water and vertical jig them.
I also have had luck with Berkley Power Bait for trout, it comes in a jar and you clump it onto your hook.

Good Luck,
Skeets

I was planning on fishing for them on watab lake by st. joe / avon area.
Any other tips or types of baits to use would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks

If your fishing from shore a slip sinker and a worm inflated. You can burn it out there a long ways. If your in a boat a crawler harness with a smaller blade is a killer. Panther Martins work good too. When there not in the mood to feed a single hook with worm and just enough lead to drift slow with gets them every time. Bring your sounder and find out what depths there useing. Alot of the time they will suspend over deep water above a cold layer of water, stay on top of that layer. These trout lakes are small and a good fishermen can figure them out in little time. Now is the time when your going to find big Mayfly hatches. Have your flyrod ready to go when the sun starts to set. When they start to emerge all He!! breaks loose and you wont catch jack squat with out a fly. Have fun.