• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

European Nightcrawlers

fishinphyl

Just wondering if any of you have seen or used these. I saw them on a counter at a Standard station yesterday. The guy said they do not have to be refrigerated, have a longer shelf life and are much more active. He told the guy next to me to take one out and put it in his hand and it would jump right out of his hand. Which it just about did. They are smaller - like a large worm and were $2.00 a dozen there.

------------------
Phyl

Sounds interesting Phyl. You better buy some and try them out and let us know how they worked. That is if you can get them on the hook before they jump into the water. grin.gif <><Mary><>

Sure you want me to be the guinea pig! I was going to get some but did not know if we would get to go this weekend. Trouble is they are the opposite way from the lakes but I am going to have to try them. Jumpy little things!

------------------
Phyl

They're probably the same worms that have been marketed under various names including, African night crawlers, Alabama or Georgia jumpers or hybred night crawlers. I used them several years back when there was a crawler shortage and the fish seemed to like them. The disadvantage was they didn't seem to be as tough as far as staying on the hook when a fish bit. They were often pulled off or broken in two before the fish got to the hook.