• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

open water

Thanks for the reply. I was in the DL area on tuesday hunting/fishing. I found what I was looking for!!

Water is really cold yet. 99% of the people where still fishing on the ice. You won't catch me out there!!

It is going to be a while before fishing heats up. The water was really murky in spots from all the runoff.

Brad,
Are all the bridges open? Where did you fish and how did you do? I am anxious to get up there with my boy but don't want to drive 90 minutes until there is somewhere to fish. I have had good luck at the bridges early, before chanel A opens up.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tully

I tried fishing the bridges. Fishing wasn't very good. I had two bites, one of which broke the line.

The only people fishing were on the ice. I drove by WR road, completely frozen. I talked to a guy fishing there who said the ice was still 3 feet thick. He had one 4 lb nort on the ice.

Anybody got a water clarity report?? I was at the rainy for the past 2 days, WOW. Murky water makes fishing very unproductive. IF the fish can't see the bait, how are they going to hit it??

I plan on going this weekend, so if nobody replies, I'll post upon returning!

Ice fishing has finally came to an end and now its time to get ready for open water. Recent rains have all the coulees and channels running and Northerns are biting at each and everyone. The best luck seems to be at Pelican Lake and the bridge at Churches Ferry. Most anglers are having the best luck on Jigs and twister tails or just the plain old Daredevil. Almost every color has been producing. I have talked to many people that have been up there and have caught 10-15 pike and hour. Most fish have been between 2-5pds but bigger fish are starting to show up. It will be at least 2-3 weeks until the ice is off the lake so take advantage of the excellent shore fishing. Good Luck

------------------
Dosch Guide Service
DoschGuides.com
Phone: 701-662-4659
[email protected]
Devils Lake ND

ive been interested in comming over to DL for a while shoreline fishin. were abouts do you go? what type a boat can you land when just the shores are open? i talked to a few guys a couple years ago that were telling me about 4 to 5 eyes over 27" a day. now im going to school in crookston so its not so far to travel. any info. would be great.
thax, good luck

Shore fishing can be good anywhere. The fish tend to move around from time to time.

The lake is still 80% covered with ice. It won't be too long before its all gone. Then again...