• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
kindafishy

Lakota Lodge

Has anyone stayed at this place in Lakota near Devils Lake? Had some friends stayed their last fall and they said the hotel caters to sportsmen even kennels for bird dogs and was reasonable priced. Would like to hear before next weekend what anybody thinks?

I don't know about a lodge in Lakota other than the SunLac Inn. But there is a place in the town of Pekin just the south of Lakota named Prairie Veiw Lodge. I think they accomodate very well to hunters and fisherman with a good price.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• That's interesting. I would believe fish gorge themselves then go a day or two without eating.  They probably don't eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and second dinner like I do!
    • If you're confined to the sleeper then your results are going to be hit or miss and your odds of a really epic day aren't very good.  You'll probably catch some fish in the sleeper but I have yet to experience a truly great day by just staying in the sleeper.     Like others have said Cookies on Red Lake is a good option.  I've stayed with him before and he moved the house for us on Saturday afternoon when we only had a handful of fish by then.  The bite didn't pick up substantially with the move but its nice to know the guy is doing everything he can to give you a good trip.   I haven't stayed with Johnny P at Red Lake Remote but I've heard nothing but good things.    I think if you explained your experience to any of those guys they'll do their very best to give you an epic day but of course they can only do so much.   Do you usually come up with a bunch of other people or by yourself?  Maybe there is a way to get you out in a more mobile set up where you can go punch a bunch of holes and go find the fish.  From my experience there really isn't a trick to fishing Red Lake its all about moving around drilling lots of holes until you get on them.   Just find a spot without anyone else around and start drilling.  
    • i'm hoping santa brings me some!!!!!!!!!!!! but i've been told i havent been all the good the past year!!!!!!!!😩
    • Plan on an archery tag again this spring.  Only Minnesota, hope to someday hunt a Merriams somewhere.
    • not sure how accurate this is, but i read once that a fish will eat its weight once every 3 days????????????
    • I was at Cabelas over the weekend and they had a sign at the fish tanks with the feeding schedule. They only feed them 3 times a week, and there are some really nice sunnies and crappies in those tanks. Made me wonder how often fish actually eat. Also gave me a great excuse for all those times I go out and get skunked.
    • As Leech said, I would contact Johnny P with Red Lake Remotes. He used to post a lot on this site and seemed to know the lake like the back of his hand. He started a few years ago with just portable houses in order to go "remote" but now has sleeper houses.  
    • try some bigger baits that rattle and glow or are really flashy. Something like a rippin rap,  chubby darter, clam time bomb or other big lures that make a lot of noise or have lots of beads or something that rattles to make noise. rip them high in the water until you call in fish and then jig less aggressively when fish come in closer.     Are you going to catch fish on them, maybe not but they will draw in fish to your area hopefully you can entice them to bite on your other rod. or once you call them in, switch to a smaller presentation.   the other thing is try to target different areas of the water column. not all walleyes feed right on the bottom. the more aggressive and bigger walleye might be right below the ice or suspended up from the bottom.
    • May be we can all chip in a buy you some. You can get qty 60 rings for $19.99 on-line!  😁   Bulk Canning Bands - Regular Mouth SKU: 1213830 In Stock  $19.99 Log in to add to your wishlist! BENEFITS OF BUYING CANNING BANDS IN BULK Never run short on canning bands again! Buy in bulk, save money and have plenty of bands on hand when you need them. Use on any standard canning jars 60 bands per pack USA made
    • Hole liners would help too. Do you use them?  I think some of that happens in all houses that sit a while with heat on. If a fan is forcing heat down from the ceiling into a marginally/uninsulated floor a ton of heat transfers. Just a guess.