• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Me and my dad are planning a trip to N.D. to do some pheasant hunting. He has sent me on the task to find out how much the license would be. So i thought i would srart here. Any info would be appreciated.

Go to this web site for online license information and on-line purchase of non-resident licenses. http://discovernd.com/gnf

you'll need tp provide hunter safety proof unless you're fairly "old" grin.gif

Let me know if you need some tips on spots if you're a first-time ND hunter.

Have fun!

------------------
Chells

Man the deer liscence sure went up! 150 last year up to 200 this year. 25 % sure is a big jump. You'd think with all the deer they would keep it down to sell more out of staters tags. I love going back home to bowhunt but I'd rather spend that extra 50 bucks on warm socks or something. smile.gif

I recently moved out of North Dakota to Minnesota to get a job that I wanted in my field. I also felt that the increase in license fees was too high for my tastes. I still apply for the 3rd lottery for the rifle season since it goes down to $50 for out of staters at that point. Then I can come back home and hunt with the family. Otherwise, I would not pay for the increased fees to go shoot a deer there.

I am opposite of you guys. I moved from MN to ND and now I know you are say why would you do that but anyhow. I aggree that that is an lot for license but MN isn't too far behind in the race I believe they are around $150 to. For ND hunting is the big money make and as long as non residents are willing to pay the cost of the license they will continue to rise. Hunting is becoming a rich mans sport which is too bad because there are plenty of us that love to do it that don't have the money.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

I think what he is saying is that ND is comparable to other states. ND is basically copying what SD, MT, CO, and AL have already done. Seems that once somebody ups the fees, everybody does. MT is probably the best example. A NR elk tag was like $276 when I went in 99"'. Now I believe it is something like $400, I might be wrong. Reciprocity at its finest. And $85 is what you will pay for a small game license, general habitat is $13 and $2 for the yellow piece of paper. The NDGF sees a huge increase in revenues,when they up the license fees on NR bird hunters. 30,000 waterfowlers x $100 a license = $3,000,000 That is just for waterfowl, most NR also buy a upland license. That costs another $100. The G and F nets $6,000,000. Sounds pretty good doesn't it. I forgot, the G and F is a self supporting government entity. Basically means they get to keep the money and do whatever they want with it.

I thought that my point was pretty clear. Minnesota and other states get a lot of money for there non resident license too not just ND. It doesn't matter what state you live in if you are looking to hunt non resident it is going to cost alot. Also like I said as long as they can ask a crazy amount for a license and people willingly pay it the license will continue to gradually increase in price. That was the point to what I was saying.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes