• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tip and Tricks for Ice Fishing....why didn't I think of that sooner!!!

FrontenacPike

*snip*

So i decided on the side behind me and my seats...towards the front (since most of my heavy stuff gets shuffled towards the back of the tub for pulling).

Works pretty well!

Hey Summett - have you had any issues with your jigs/hooks getting caught up in the shelter canvas?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Hey Summett - have you had any issues with your jigs/hooks getting caught up in the shelter canvas?

Tsande, that hasn't been an issue yet. At least not with them being up off of the floor, as it happen quite a bit before. If for some reason it does begin to happen i can put some little covers on the hooks.

But...hasn't been an issue at this point.

Pretty cool set up! I really like your Ice Buster Bobber in the hole! I think that my yellow Rod Rocker would fit perfectly in place where your plastice tube holds your rod n reel. Then It would be able to swivel. Good job!

Bruce Mosher

Bruce Im still your Ice Busters religously. Well at least 1 of the 30 I got from you at the St. Paul Show. grin Problem with your bobbers is everyone sees me using them and wants one. I dont go through that many fishing its just all the free loaders friends that I give them to. wink

1) Asked a buddy to bring minnows, and he bought a bag...no bucket. We drilled an extra hole about 8 inches deep in the ice and filled with lake water for an instant minnow bucket.

2) That gave us the idea to drill 6 holes a foot deep (3 pairs) side by side and spud the extra out and spud a small hole to the water so it filled up...instant live well. We did not catch enough to clean that day so gave live fish to the neighbor perm shack.

3) Took the disco lights out of my old conversion van (look like tube/string Christmas lights only 12 volt) before delivering the rest to the junk yard, and we hang along the entire length of the porti center bar. Tons of light and low energy use.

4) When we used the ATV battery to power our lights we added a Battery Buddy. This device monitors your battery life and when there is only enough life left to start the car (ATV) it trips the hot lead so no more power is used till you punch the button to reconnect it. Might leave you in the dark for a moment in your house, but you will be able to start up your transportation and leave at the end of the day. Actually removed this from the old conversion van too...the kids would leave a light or the tv on in the van and this saved us many a time.

\Thanks for all the tips ... and keep them coming.