• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils lake Striped Bass?

Has anyone heard of any Stripers caught in Devils lake over the past few years? I watched a guy catch one back in the early nineties under one of the bridges which turned out being the state record and I am curious if any others have ever turned up since.

Fisky

Havent heard of any. Havent seen any in the stocking reports either. PRobly fairly, if not extinct on the big lake. However, crappie are becoming fairly abundant. Have caught 7 already this summer.

I had heard regarding the striper I'm talking about that the NDGF figured was an incidental/accidental fish that was put into the lake with a stocking of white bass in the early eighties. If there are any more from that batch they'd be quite large by now!

Fisky

There are no stripped bass in the lake.

My nephew has the state record white bass. WE caught it on the Minnewaukan Flats in 2000 or so. It was 4.5 pounds. Go to the Sport Show in Grand Forks next winter and see it. Probably at the West Bay Resort booth or Hansen Marine.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

The N.D. Game and Fish Dept. stocked striped bass for a short time in the early 1980s, but they were unable to reproduce, and netting surveys done since indicate they've died out.

In other words, they didn't find any in the nets. Is there an outside chance one remains alive in the lake? I suppose so, but it's long odds.

The N.D. striped bass record is 20 lbs 12 oz, caught in 1993 by Stephen Renault in Devils Lake.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]