• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone care to share any tips as to Walleye fishing locations and presentations as of late on Devils lake? I'll be up that way from Saturday afternoon thru early Tuesday afternoon it's sounding like. Have'nt seen much for reports as of late.

Thanks much....fiskyknut

If you'd rather you could e-mail me at fiskyknut at yahoo.

[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 06-12-2003).]

i was up there last week and we did great. there were 6 of us and we caught well over 150 walleye and 150 pike. we found leeches and slip bobers in water from 5 to 10 feet worked well. also casting into the wind blow shore lines with #5 shad raps gold, blue silver, and perch. As for locations it varies so much. we did the best in creel and wolford as well as 6 mile. for pike we did best on the wooded point and 6 mile. we also caught a few white bass with the shad raps. let me know if there is anything else i can help you with. Oh yeah take a few of each color i lost 2 of each, you can retrieve most of them but there are always those times that no matter what you try you just can't get them back. good luck

What really matters is if the fish are hungry or not. DL is the most amazing ecosystem I've ever seen. If the fish are hungry anything will work. If they aren't hungry the only thing you'll catch is a good tan. Timing is key. Persistence pays off, but only to those who try. Northerns usually always bite, whereas walleyes can be really picky.

[This message has been edited by Brad Anderson (edited 06-12-2003).]

I was using the Mimic Minnow from Northland Tackle with a spinner that comes with it the shinner one and 2 sundays ago caught 2 limits in 1 1/2 hours. 4 to 5 feet of water in 6 mile bay. Good luck

Thanks for the info guys. I had a blast the last 2 days out there. Fishing was darn good in many places and in various depths. Sure an easy lake to catch nice Wallys on!!!

Regards....fiskyknut