• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Underwater Camera help

zeke7434

I made a stupid mistake this morning & cut the cable on my camera. The first mistake was dropping my cell phone down the hole yesterday & i went to fish it out today & drilled a hole found the camera & had to cut a hole next to one that was already drilled. Instead of pulling the camera out I decided to drill one next to the hole & the auger slid over & caught the camera cable & cut it. So my question is does anyone know where I can get a new cable or get mine fixed? The camera is an Aqua Vu SV. The factory isn't able to fix the cable. They say I have to buy a whole new cable camera unit.

Holy [PoorWordUsage].... Murphy's law in action right there. I'm not sure but I bet you'll have to purchase a new camera and cord to plug into you monitor. Hope things get better for ya.

All I said was crop, but switch the o for an a. I didn't think that was too harsh....

call them again. I bet you can switch out the cable camera. Thanks for posting because I have done that too, but didn't but my camera cord. Sounds like I was lucky. So many high tech mistakes that can happen now days icefishing...

Splice it yourself, soldier the wires together tape yp then slide heat shrink tubing over ther area and before you heat up the heat shrink put some high quality silicone in the heat shrink and the heat it up enought to compact some of the silicone out. Let dry and you should be back in buisness!

Splice it yourself, soldier the wires together tape yp then slide heat shrink tubing over ther area and before you heat up the heat shrink put some high quality silicone in the heat shrink and the heat it up enought to compact some of the silicone out. Let dry and you should be back in buisness!

I wonder though...it's probably more than just a coaxial cable...likely wiring for lights and other crop too. Not that the lights are usually worth a darn anyways.

Good advice though...it probably isn't going to be too complicated to repair yourself, or have a buddy do it if you're not inclined in that area.

Well, I've got it soldered back together and am using some stuff called liquid tape. I have been told that it is completely waterproof. Just waiting for it to dry and put a couple more coats on and some heat shrink tubing over the top then more liquid tape. I will let you all know how it works. I will get that phone out tomorrow if the camera holds up. Aqua Vu is serviced now by a company called Outdoors Insight. I had very good luck with Aqua Vu when my monitor went on the fritz. Took it to them and the put on a new monitor no questions asked.