• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Play by Play....

Who has missed this all summer long... let me set the scene.... this is any little lake around here... any day now....

AW and Sammy are arguing all the way out, bout who's rod is smaller, Timmy and Todd are talking bout where they caught them here last year.... and 10 years ago.... DC and Tank went the other way... smart move probably!!... Frank is letting out a stench that he's gotta keep telling us about!!.... Kyle's in the truck still not sure if he's gonna make it out here.... Lee has 5 holes drilled and almost has his limit already.... Steve is at the 4 Wheeler dealer ........again.... Tuzzy is at home all snuggled in bed with visions of sugar plums..... and wait.... Bud and Tyler are still driving in!!

It's early morning.... 5 degrees out... a brisk but perfect morning... slightly overcast.... fresh Virgin ice... our favorite..... your first trip out with the boy's of CNY.... just got done hand auguring through 5 inches of beautiful black ice,...... 8 inches by AW's ruler(someone's been telling him stories).... the weeds are still up.. yummy..... you drop that LX-5 transducer down... adjust it... it's lit up like your Christmas tree top to bottom... big red marks in and out of the zoom..... sounds like a great day in the making..... it's so quiet on the lake today, who in there right mind besides us would be out here... you pull out your favorite rod you pre-rigged the night before with your old stand by jig that never fails you... you choose just a plastic to start.... you flip your trap over to keep that cool breeze from biting at you.... you watch the jig fall through the zone... that red mark that was the bottom... starts to move up.... WTH.... it's big... rising toward your jig..... you start to shake it ever so slightly... pulling it away.... it keeps coming up after your jig... faster and faster... your jig mark and the that big red fat line start to merge on your Marcum... you switch your eyes to your rod tip... watching...waiting.. for that tell tail sign of your spring bobber moving ever so slightly before you give her the wood....... just as you are about to set the hook..... you hear a Voice so loud and blood curdling... from the trap next to you....

.....it's our buddy.....

"GOT ONE ON THE SCREEN BOY'S...... HUGE RED MARK AT 6 FEET... CAME IN FROM THE LEFT... SHE CAME FROM YOU FRANK......SHE"S BIG BOY'S RIGHT ON MY JIG..... HERE SHE COMES... I"M PULLING IT AWAY.... SHE"S COMING FAST FASTER...HERE WE GO!!!!! ..... THAWAP(rod tip hitting the trap)....GOT HER!!!! HECK YA BOY'S!!! OH SHE"S BIG...... GOT HER ON A GREEN AND PURPLE... MARA,YBD,FORAGE,SPOON,5MIL, WITH A YELLOW HACKLE TAIL AND A MAKI MISHI IN BUBBLE GUM RIGGED WEEDLESS... WITH A 4 INCH DROPPER AND 2 AND A HALF MAGGOTS...... BETTER CHANGE BOY'S........ YEE HAA.... SHE'S S SCREAMER!!!! WOO HOO..... YAH!!! OH SHE"S A RUNNING..... BETTER PLAY WITH HER....ONLY GOT 1LB FIRELINE.... TODD I MAY NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS ONE...... (BANG... the trap flips open... we all open our traps to take a gander at this lake monster that is tearing our friend up)... OH BOY"S I GOT HER NOW!!!! I SEE COLOR SHE'S HUGE.... GOTTA BE 9 INCHES IF NOT 11...!!! WOO HOO BOY"S... IT"S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!... OK...OK HERE SHE COMES NOW....... WAIT... WHAT THE F#&^...GOSH D$*$*$$.... SON OF A B!*%*%*$.... SHES OFF BOY"S... I LOST HER RIGHT AT THE HOLE..... G)@)@...$($*&$...... MUST HAVE HIT THE ICE.... GOSH DARN BOY"S I LOST HER SHE HIT THE ICE.....

We look at each other and snicker just slightly... giving a smile.... as we flip our traps back over to watch those little red lines move up and down........

it's good to be back on the Ice with CNY TIM and the rest of the boy's !! smile

off in the distance....

"GOT ANOTHER ONE ON THE SCEEEN BOYS.........."

Nice job Jimmy! You hit the nail on the head. I like it when its a tad windy and you cant understand him so it sounds like he's talking to himself for 20 minutes straight. whistle

The rod slap on the trap roof is my favorite though...

My least favorite is when he's got it in his head that a certain jig makes a difference and wont stop talking about blue ratso's, knackers, YBD's, my jigs, ect, ect. Although I have been known to egg it on by asking him what jigs he got that one on? Or when he asks me what jig im useing and I answer with "Im not sure". That answer usually meets with silence while his gears are grinding. confused

I must really like him though as I get so much amusement out of picking on him...