• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie limits to high!!

I have been out fishing a few times this year and have seen guys take a limit of 35 crappies each in a party of 3 or 4 people. I know that it is the legal limit, but in my opinion it's way too many. This is an excellent way to destroy our natural habitats of good numbers of fish. When are our law makers gonna wise up and lower limits to a more reasonable limit. Nobody needs to take that large a limit each time they go out.Just venting a little. Makes my stomach turn when I see anyone taking THAT many fish. But , it's just my opinion..

People need to show restraint and common sense. A segment of our society thinks it is their right to rape our resources.

It may be legal to take home a limit everyday but we do have possesion limits. But the last thing I want is game and fish coming into anybodys home and searching freezers.

I also personally think it not right to catch a daily limit everyday and give your fish away. Take who ever you are giving them to fishing and let them catch their own fish.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

I too believe that 35 is a bit much, but when you ask a conservation officer about it they state that if we have a winter kill ALL the fish will be dead. Thus they would rather us take as many fish as possible from the lakes. I'm not sure if that is a great strategy but thats what I've been told. I wish the limit was 15, people would been a little move selective when havesting fish. Just an idea.

I don't know. I think more strict regulations on bodies of water is up to the local management of those bodies of water. I know some bodies of water in the state are "fished out" but I personnally know some bodys of water that are "underfished" and I would like to see more guys taking there limit for reasons of stunted fish, etc.(but that is a whole nother topic). This is good discussion and is worthy of its time. But my opinion is that some people are fisherman and some people are anglers.

You guys heard of Froelich Dam south of Mandan.

This lake gets fished out every 5 years or so. Word gets out of a hot bite and every person with a rod and reel hits it and destroys it. It looks like the parking lot of Walmart for a couple of weekends.

Fishing out lakes is a "custom" people have devloped and an accepted way of doing business.

How do you change that?

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND