• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perch Express

Perch Express is Amtrak. You can get on the train in Minneapolis and get to Devils Lake. Most of the guides there will pick you up and take you out. Perch Patrol is a good one. They are at the Sportsmens show this weekend if you want to set it up.
Good Luck!!

A ticket is close to $100 round trip for one person from Minneapolis. As previously mentioned it is AAMTRAK and not a special train.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

[This message has been edited by kevin neve (edited 01-18-2003).]

Dano, I don't know if the train goes through FM. I don't think it does. It must run up through GF.

My opinion guys but... Drive here. Most folksm who book the train are shot when they get here. They can get through the first day OK but the second is a chore.

According to my schedule from last year... you would leave Minneapolis at 10:25 PM, hit St Cloud at 12:40 and get here at 6:25 AM. That is 8 hours on the train. You can drive here in 6 from the Twin Cities.

On the return you leave here at 11:32 PM hit St Cloud at 5:11 AM and Minneapolis at 8:00 AM. It will cost $81.50 from Minneapolis.

Split the gas. Leave home at noon and get here around six.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

Kevin, now that is some good information.
I don't think I would care for the
"MIDNIGHT EXPRESS". 20 years ago. no problem.
Thanks for the advise. I'll remember your name if we get your way.
Good Luck...

Thanks Kevin, will have to look you up when I am ready for some jumbo perch, and maybe a nice northern, haven't ever got in to perch very big like the ones I have seen from DL.

When the walleye is done here at the end of Feb. I may have to do that.

I saw a tv show on the perch express last night on the outdoor channel. I can't remember the name but it's like Ron Schara's outdoor adventure or something like that. I believe it is mostly a minnesota outdoor show but none the less they put together a pretty good piece on the whole package.