• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

clam center console

shnelson

just found these at cabelas, but I wont be making it there any time soon. Has anyone come across these at a GM or FF?

How do you like it if you have one? I don't have a clam, but imagine I should have no problem mounting it in my frabill.

I've got a voyager and I have a tough time fishing without it. My shack has a bar that runs the length of the sled that holds the back of the console. Clam has eliminated the bar in the new houses and they have a bar that pivots from the back side of teh console that catches one of the ribs on the bottom of the sled to hold the back of the console. Not sure of the Frabill setup but I'd imagine you could make something work.

Good to hear, i'll have to check out fleet farm tomorrow and see if I can pick one up.

I have enough aluminum stock laying around that I think I can fabricate a custom bracket if needed. Will let you know how it turns out!

Stopped to check out the clam console today at gander. They didn't have any so fleet farm will have to do. As for it fitting Frabill shelters... unless you have a deep tall sled it won't work I have a shallow sled (trekker 2) Because the console has a hinged leg on it the leg is much taller than the sled which it is suppose to sit on. I'm thinking of getting some copper tubing and making another leg so that it's somewhat free standing. Otherwise I'm getting the side console from cabelas that's new this year that fits between the support bars that hold up your shelter.

I've got a voyager and I have a tough time fishing without it. My shack has a bar that runs the length of the sled that holds the back of the console. Clam has eliminated the bar in the new houses and they have a bar that pivots from the back side of teh console that catches one of the ribs on the bottom of the sled to hold the back of the console. Not sure of the Frabill setup but I'd imagine you could make something work.

That is why they have the pivot bar on the consoles. I looked at them and wondered. I have a Yukon and it has the lengthwise bar too. I wouldn't fish without that console. It holds my jig boxes, pliers, line cutters, and a beverage.

I believe the consoles used to come as a standard accessory with the Yukon (at least the portables that my dad and I both bought a few years back each came with one). My Yukon has the full length support for the seats and console to rest on. It was a nice sturdy design so I'm not so sure why they abandoned it for the new "fixed" seats.

247, can't you remove the leg and shorten it so it will work in your sled? By the way, I also picked up some of the new side consoles that came out this year. You can never have too many spots to keep jigs, bait and beverages!

I believe the consoles used to come as a standard accessory with the Yukon (at least the portables that my dad and I both bought a few years back each came with one). My Yukon has the full length support for the seats and console to rest on. It was a nice sturdy design so I'm not so sure why they abandoned it for the new "fixed" seats.

To Lower Costs! The old seats and bar unit like I have in my 3 year old one were built like a brick ^%#@ house compaired to the new ones. I have 3 of the sliding seats in mine, and if I am going to only fish with 1-2 people. I pull out the other 80lbs seats!! frown

Well, they haven't lowered the price on the non-therm Yukon until this year and the consoles haven't come as standard equipment for at least 2 years now, so I guess they must have been building up the cash balance to help offset the costs for all the new thermal lines this year!

Too bad you didn't get the lightweight kevlar-reinforced recycled plastic seats I got with my Yukon... they only weigh 30 lbs each!

247 I haven't tried them out yet but will this weekend. They seem like they'll work pretty nice... easy to attach and remove. Just have to get into the habit of "remembering" to remove them so I don't damage something else!

The recessed area for bait is about 1 1/2" deep. Should hold a few minnows and water without too much trouble.

Well, they haven't lowered the price on the non-therm Yukon until this year and the consoles haven't come as standard equipment for at least 2 years now, so I guess they must have been building up the cash balance to help offset the costs for all the new thermal lines this year!

Too bad you didn't get the lightweight kevlar-reinforced recycled plastic seats I got with my Yukon... they only weigh 30 lbs each!

Briguy, don't take me wrong. I like my old heavy, swivel, padded & moveable seats compaired to the new light weight bolted down ones! wink Their just a bit heavy, and I'm sure Clam was paying a lot to make them. wink

Stopped by gander tonight, got excited to see they had one of the consoles in their display clams. I was quickly disappointed when I found out they haven't gotten any in stock this year and probably wont frown.

I took a look at the construction of the one they did have, it looks like it might not be what I'm looking for. Time to bust out the styrofoam form and fiberglass kit instead??

247 I haven't tried them out yet but will this weekend. They seem like they'll work pretty nice... easy to attach and remove. Just have to get into the habit of "remembering" to remove them so I don't damage something else!

The recessed area for bait is about 1 1/2" deep. Should hold a few minnows and water without too much trouble.

Let me know what you think. And good luck!

i bought one when i picked up my new frabill guardian, its nice but i ended up taking it back and making one that stores my minnow bucket (so it doesnt tip over) and holds my little tackle boxes...i had one for my clam yukon last year there nice gives you a spot to set your favorite beverage in and they hold 3 vexilar style boxes perfectly!

I tend to agree, the seats add a lot of weight. But, while at the ice fishing show I spent some time in a new house bsing with Woody from up north and the seats are no where near as nice as the ones in the older houses. I think my voyager is about 5 years old and the console was standard, along with a 5 foot rod/equipment holder I have yet to use. Weight is a problem, early ice, but when I bought the house, I was planning on fishing with friends. Friends with strong legs and a good back. With my newly found horse*&$# back, it's nearly impossible to pull the voyager out alone, but I guess I'll have to wait until we get drivable ice. Then I can pull the wheel house out and use the voyager for recon and other company.

Briguy, keep us informed on the new side consoles, I was intrigued, but not sold...

Stopped by gander tonight, got excited to see they had one of the consoles in their display clams. I was quickly disappointed when I found out they haven't gotten any in stock this year and probably wont frown.

I took a look at the construction of the one they did have, it looks like it might not be what I'm looking for. Time to bust out the styrofoam form and fiberglass kit instead??

You're in luck. Just got mine recently and ordered from this place. They're out of Minnesota

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/clam-fish-trap-center-console.aspx?a=573411

The big C store in Rogers has a bunch of them. Just used one in my Otter Lodge last night....Perfect. I've been looking for something like this for a couple of years now, even tried to fab something myself. This was by far the best 15 bucks I've spent in a long time.

Folke