• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stump Lake

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

There were some pretty nice perch in there a couple of years ago.

You are talking about the lake just south of Devils Lake?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Only when I get out there. I have a stanfing invitation at The Spirit Water in. A couple of top notch guides go out of there. Kevin neve is on of them. He introduced me Stump.

Lotsd of locals were on it when I went.

Does anyone know what the ice conditions are on Stump Lake? I am really excited about the future of Stump Lake. I think Stump is and could be one of the nicest areas in the state for recreation. I have heard the perch fishing is better than past years. But I think the locals in the area don't want anyone to know. What does everyone else think?

Perchpapa

Stump is the last lake in the Devils Lake chain. It is the last lake to fill before Devils Lake spills over naturally into the Sheyenne River. Until then it will fill with the overflow from Devils Lake until they reach the same elevation and they both will rise together after that.

When they reach the level of overflow into the Sheyenne, a channel will be eroded out of Stump Lake since the soils in the channel are extremly unstable. Devils Lake will drop at least 10 feet in a very short time. A huge wall of water go down the Sheyenne River and break several dams downstream, flood out several cities and empty into the Red River, washingout a significant portion of those towns downstream. It will more than likely occur during a time when there are flood conditions already downstream.

Anyway...The perch are smaller on Stump than Devils Lake. Stump can act more like a conventional perch lake. It can and will see significant pressure. It tends to produce a very good bite in late January or early February.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND