• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Perch Limits

A 35 perch limit on Devils Lake would weigh 35 pounds. You can expect our perch to average close to a pound.

A good day is 20 perch. That would be 20 pounds of fish. To put that in another perspective... A 5 walleye limit of 4 pounders would also weigh 20 pounds. Is 5 four pound walleyes a good day or a great day?!

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

What is the possetion limit now on perch Kevin? Anything new there? I did hear they are going to get fussy on fish ID, like be darn sure you leave a patch on the fillet.

Thanks,

Ed

Kevin,

35 pounds of perch would give me about how much weight in fillets? You're pretty convincing as far as the walleyes are concerned. So you're telling me when I come back to Devil's this year I can tag 5 dandy walleyes? I'm definitely up for that. I would agree with you on saying that would be a great day. Now you got me eager to head back up there. Maybe I'll see you in march.

Good Fishin, Matt.

A limit of 5 four pound walleyes weigh 20 pounds. A Devils lake 35 perch limit would weigh in at nearly 35 pounds.

I think hitting a 35 perch limit is much much tougher to do than a 5 four pound walleye limit.

It is closer to a 5 walleye a at six pounds each day.

In my humble opinion, a perch fillet looks like a perch fillet, a white bass a white bass, a walleye a walleye etc, etc. I would guess that it would be more important to keep the fillets in a manner that each species and number of said could be accounted for when traveling.

I like to use a vacumm sealer. I have a couple of bags of perch left from last year that are as fresh as the day I bagged them last winter.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND