• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Funny/clever (ice)fishing sayings...

flakeportable

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always like it when you are out on the ice and someone will drive up to you and ask "How thick is the ice".

I reply with "I'm not sure how thick it is where your truck is but it is only 4" where I am at".

Gotta remember that one...

One we use when a large fish is caught (big Walter or Pike): "this is NOT a crappie!"

I like it when there has been no bites or it's a real tough situation and you can't get a bite to save your life and it doesn't matter if there is 2 or 10 people in the house or boat. I look over and say! I can understand why you guys are not getting any but I can't figure out why I am not. Or after all day in the house when you get to shore to leave and somebody asked's how did it go out there Etc. I will say IT WASN'T THE WORST DAY FISHING BUT JUST LIKE IT.

The one ICEPRO said I need to keep in mind, last year a person had me almost leak my shorts when he drove all the way out to me on no more than 8" of ice, it was a small truck, but my face must have made him nervous enough to leave, in a hurry!

I have nothing, just enjoying what I am reading.

Mark

Classic responses to the classic "Where there biting?":

"Straight out from shore"

"Right in the lip."

"Oh...Between 2 and 200 feet deep"

yea those are great I ve used this one on Mille Lacs and have had people say its not on the GPS

upper lip flats

when people you don't know get a little too snoopy.

Where did you catch them? Under the ice!

What did you catch them on? Their lips!

When are they biting? When my bobber goes down!

What lake did you get them at? Lake Nunya(Nunya business)or Lake Notcho(Notcho business).

When some opens your door and stick their head in and asks"what ya catchin"? A cold draft from the open door!

When some one new fishing with me asks"where do you go to the bathroom out here"? In my diaper! You need one?

Now I had heard that when you go ice fishing you had to drill 2 holes, but 1 was not all the way through the ice. On the hole drilled all the way through, you lined the rim with peas, on the other hole, you lined the bottom of it with ashes. As ANY icefisherman knows, winter fish LOVE canned peas. So when a fish comes up to take a pea, you kick 'em in the ash hole.

When i am out with my buddies and we are all fishing in our portables if one comes over to ask if i have anything i show them my five gallon bucket full of empty beer bottles. just bottle bass i say. i keep the fish hidden till the end of the day.