• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Funny/clever (ice)fishing sayings...

flakeportable

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a black and white ink cartoon once--it showed a UFO with two aliens inside hovering over a frozen lake with a bunch of guys fishing on it. "Nope, no intelligent life here," one alien was saying to the other.

What I wouldn't give to find that cartoon...

One of the best I've seen/heard was a couple years ago I was in a rental shack with a couple friends and my buddy was watching his bobber and yelled "And down goes Frazier". He ran over to his pole and fell flat on his behind. Down went Frazier.

I used to fish with a guy that would say, 'Its colder than my ex-wifes....heart. Only he didnt say heart.

I will catch a fish and say, "That fish is thinking, so this is what fresh air is like." Or, "That fish is thinking, I feel terrible, must be something I ate". We had a DNR guy checking us once when I caught a fish and I said that. the guy laughed and my buddy told the DNR guy "I have heard him say that a million times" The DNR guy, without missing a beat, looks at me and goes, "You must be one heckuva fisherman." Now I say that too. I must be one heckuva fisherman.

My cousin gave me a T-shirt for X-mas about 5 yrs ago that has a large fish hook on it surrounded by: "Minnesota Hookers...work 'em, don't jerk 'em." He actually found this in a store somewhere!

Portside Lake Mille Lacs.... I also have one I bought a few years back

I saw a black and white ink cartoon once--it showed a UFO with two aliens inside hovering over a frozen lake with a bunch of guys fishing on it. "Nope, no intelligent life here," one alien was saying to the other.

What I wouldn't give to find that cartoon...

Hey eyehunter...i have that cartoon up on my office wall!!!! get me your email address and I will send you a copy!

ok not the most appropiate, but funny. "nothing like a smallmouth on a stiff rod"

"gone fishing, be back dark-thirty"

"i only fish on days that end in "y".

"if the hats a missin, ive gone fishin"

"you can seperate the men from the boys by the size of their rod"

"ive spent my hole life fishing in the wrong hole"

"fishing guide-women only"

"guys and fish are similar, they are best off when they keep their mouth shut"

My all time favorite

I never lost an eelpout that I caught

then theres

Question: How far off the bottom are ya

reply: a foot to 12 inches

How thick is the ice?

all the way to the bottom of the hole

Did you see that walleye it had eyes as big as bicycle reflectors

The best reaction saying:

When someone steps on to the ice from the truck or car I ussally say dont get your feet wet!

"Theres something down there" my uncle always says this when his minnow moves his bobber around the hole. It's become an inside joke with me and my friend when we fish together but we always say it with a Norwegian accent. "Ders somthing down Der"

This is the best one ever!

My buddy is fishing with this old man and he catches a small fish and goes to throw it back down the hole, and the old man stops him and points at his bucket, and my buddy says "it's kinda small" and the old man says "shrimps are small, and we eat them too!"